Re: German!

May 08, 1996 12:51 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:41 AM 5/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Please, don't mix Scandinavian and Norwegian!
>
>At 12.25 1996-05-05 -0400, you wrote:
>>John
>>German food is nowhere near as bland as Scandanavian.  I once had this
>>Norwegian girlfriend...
>>But God has been merciful to all of them. " He has created them without
>>tastebuds."
>>(Sorry Victor.)
>>Of course now you realize that you will probably be numbered among the ES
>>agents sent to destroy the internet for talking about something besides pure
>>theosophy, whatever that may be.
>>
>>Chuck the Barbaric Gourmand MTI, FTSA, M G of 5
>>Heretic
>>Troublemaker
>>
>>"Take two tons of Blavatsky and a ton and a half of chutney"  The
>>Theosophical Cannibal Cookbook
>>

>Nils:

Please explain. I've always thought that Scandinavia consisted of  (listed
alphabetically) Denmark, Finland, Norway, and  Sweden.
Historically the political divisions between them have been changeable to
say the least. Finland was an integral part of Sweden until Russia took it
from her. Norway, Sweden and Denmark were once under one Crown, and Sweden
and Norway were one nation for the longest time. The only Scandinavian
nation that is really separate in any way is Finland and that is due to the
Finno-Urgic ethnicity of the Finns. They are all the children of Skaadi. I
cook in all four cuisines, and there are distinct national differences
there, and I don't find them at all bland, but then I'm not Sicilian. (Or
was it his Girlfriend that was bland?). By the way I've spent quite a bit of
time in all four countries and love them all equally but for different things.

alexis d.