Re: HPB's sources

May 06, 1996 11:21 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:05 PM 5/6/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>But I would look first for HPB's Stanzas of Dzyan in the various tantras,
>>particularly the "inner" and "secret" parts of Kalachakra tantra which David
>>Reigle is pointing at.
>
>	Rich, I agree with you here, and I think Buddhist Tantras
>are the place to look.  But how do you jive this idea with HPB's
>constant ridicule and scorn of tantricism?
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>Jerry:

HPB was perfectly correct in her total rejection of Tantra. In the past many
years I have associated with many valid and "advanced" Indian Teachers
including Sri Aurobindo and some of Yogananda's original disciples and they
all agree that Tantra is harmful and foolish. Aurobindo said that Tantra
results from the unfortunate Human propensity to utterly confuse symbols
with what they symbolize. Most of the highest level Indian teachers I know
personally agree that not simply is Tantra a complete waste of spiritual
effort but that it is personally dangerous as well.

alexis d.