Re: Mind, matter and evolution

May 06, 1996 10:56 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:07 PM 5/6/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	While matter follows mind, experience tells us that the
>reverse is also true--hunger affects our dreams, pain affects our
>thought processes, and so on.  To take the idea of mind over matter
>to its natural conclusion is pure Magic--healing at the very least.  Is
>this what we theosophists should be doing?
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI

Jerry: As you know better than most, when it comes to "magic" and healing is
in a way magic, because it conforms to the definition "alter reality in
conformity with will", there are quite a few people who regularly do that.
There are unfortunately very very few of us theosophists that do that, some
theosophists that might be able to do it, but won't, and a majority of
theosophists who neither can do it nor will do it.
As I see  and do healing it is a first object action not a third object
action. What is more productive of a nucleus of "Brother-Sisterhood" than
restoring life and health to a person in need. What better demonstrates the
reality of the greater reality beyond human reality more clearly than
healing someone from a terrible disease when medicine has totally "given
up"? As I see it, that's far more productive than aporting tea cups.

alexis d.