Re: Mind, matter and evolution

May 06, 1996 04:00 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>HPB did in fact criticize Christian Science for its vagueness and lack of
>principles, but never denied that it produced results -- sometimes, by
>experimentation.  Nor did HPB deny the principle that matter follows mind.
> Rather, she enunciated it first in the Western world.  The quotes are
>immense, I will give only a few here for the time being:

	You probably didn't need all those quotes.  I give!  Yes, I
discovered HPBs ideas back when I was still a Christian Scientist.
And I discovered that HPB was a lot more scientific and down-to-earth
than Mary Baker Eddy.

	While matter follows mind, experience tells us that the
reverse is also true--hunger affects our dreams, pain affects our
thought processes, and so on.  To take the idea of mind over matter
to its natural conclusion is pure Magic--healing at the very least.  Is
this what we theosophists should be doing?

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI