Re: Who's the real "Gang"?

May 06, 1996 00:06 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:29 PM 5/5/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Err - if any of this is supposed to involve me, then I must say the
>whole thing is a load of nonsense, and would rather not be associated
>with it either in a pro or con capacity!
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html

Alan:

Not feeling well today? It does concern you, but I'm afraid you have no more
choice than the rest of us did. We were "christened" we didn't choose that
name ourselves. But having been so named by others most of us are flaunting
it the way Cyrano de Bergerac flaunted his "white plume" and nose!  What
would you have us do? Grovel and plead "Oh please sir, don't call us that we
don't deserve it"? Considering it's context we don't deserve it, and as JRC
clearly demonstrated it is hardly an appropriate sobriquet. In fact you're
probably viewed as one of the principle leaders of the "Gang". Cheer up
though, you're in good company.

alexis d.