Re: Repartee versus substance

May 05, 1996 05:07 AM
by Kim Poulsen

Rich:
>Maybe we can chat more about parallel sources to Theosophy in private
>posts, I think the list will get bored of this right quick.

Dear Rich,

   you are quite mistaken here. Please keep them on the list. If Alexis
(and the rest of the gang) and you (and no offence intended) perhaps could
argue in private instead.... (since it seems unrelated to theosophy).
   With this said I would love to participate in a discussion on the MSS
which served as a basis for "Voice of Silence" and "Secret Doctrine." Since
both works are described as secret, we would have to expect them to be not
extant nor even widely distributed and known in Tibet. They may of course
turn up in the future.
   I?d suggest a close examination of the seven extant works of Asanga for
similarity with the precepts of "Voice of Silence". The mode of translation
employed by HPB is very different from the traditional and of great
interest.

In friendship,

Kim