Re: Now it gets interesting

May 03, 1996 04:21 PM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Jerry writes:

Rich, while I kind of agree with you, I am not so sure that
>HPB "discussed" quantum mechanics or quantum theory.  I think that
>she says mind *can* effect matter, but I don't recall her ever saying
>that it *does* whether we like it or not.  The idea that matter follows
>mind, and expresses it, is pure Christian Science, which HPB
>rejected.  Could you give me some quotes to back up your thesis?
>Maybe we could start a new thread?  This is an intriguing topic.

I believe HPB's demonstration of her own occult powers was to show open-minded
people the power of the mind to manipulate "matter."

HPB's materialization of a cup and saucer at a Simla picnic was such a
demonstration.
What present-day physicist is open-minded enough to even  contemplate that
such a feat
could really happen?  Even many students of Theosophy boggle at the mention
of such a feat.

Or of letters materializing or a turban becoming physical?  Maybe just lower
siddhis, but
nevertheless, they illustrate the remarkable power of *conscious*
"kriyashakti", some of the wonderful abilities of the human mind.

DHC