Re: Repugnant Doctrines

May 03, 1996 02:11 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Greg writes:
> The worst was the use of "repugnent" to describe
>individuals, groups and their ideas.

	I think that we have all agreed to confine such
attributes as "repugnant" to ideas rather than people.  In
many ways, it seems harsh to even consider such a name
for ideas, but here is the fact of it:  although we are all under
the theosophical umbrella, certain sections of the fabric do
seem repugnant to those standing under other sections.
There have been more than one posting (on ethics, for
example) that practically make me barf, and I feel
horrified that theosophists could think such silly things.
So, I crusade away against what I consider repugnant
ideas, theosophical or otherwise, while trying to keep
the personalities out of it.  Sometimes I miss, but I do
try.  I don't see any other way of maintaining such a
free-wheeling list such as this one.  Any ideas?

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI