Re: Jerry's Library

May 03, 1996 12:06 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 03:59 AM 5/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alexis:
>>When Alexandria West is complete it will be a really world class research
>>facility for those interested in Theosophical History!
>>I also visited the site of the future Alexandria West project and it is
>just
>>a piece of "heaven on earth", it's one of the most beautiful places I've
>>ever been and I've been lot's of places!
>
>   I certainly hope I can visit it some day when it is completed.
>California seems to be full of theosophists and AW could become a very
>important place (as I suspect Jerry had in mind when naming it). The
>eastern original, of course, was known both for the finest library and for
>attracting the best minds in the western world.
>  California seems also to be the home of the various factional disputes.
>Jerry joined all factions and conceived of a place likely to attract them
>all. I take my (imaginary) hat off!
>
> In friendship,
>
>Kim

Well Kim, California is "full" some twenty million people, but as you know
theosophist make hardly a drop in the bucket. None the less, there are many
theosophists in California and many, many, other sincere metaphysical and
occult folks as well. Alexandria West could be a lodestone for them all and
do the Human Race a great deal of real service in the process.

I certainly hope you'll be able to visit and I hope that Jerry's project
comes soon to fruition. I certainly will add any assistance I can give. It's
an ambitious project and it will take some Millions of Dollars to come
about. It's a fantastic site, and his plans are wonderful, but that old
devil "money" is always a necessity. I hope you will see it completed, and I
hope I do too, but I assure you, in the present state of "potential only" it
is a really marvelous experience. My only reservation is that it's a four
and one half hour drive from my new home.

in friendship

alexis d.