Re: Is it real? Better measure....

May 03, 1996 05:07 PM
by Bee Brown

alexis dolgorukii wrote:

> At 05:10 AM 5/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
> >Here is a little snippet from another list that caught my eye. Rather
> >interesting, what.
> >
> >Bee:
>
> This is a good article and Sally though "Physics Challanged" (as I am) did a
> good job of quoting it exactly.
>
> This is the kind of information, coupled with what I've read of the work of
> Werner Heisenburg and those following his lead, along with the writings of
> Stephen Hawking, that has led me to the view I hold on the "science'in the
> Secret Doctrine. It is information like this that I am going to be using in
> the "Concordance" I'm going to write when I get through the book I'm
> currently working on.
>
> What information like this says to me that in our universe, the only
> certainty is uncertainty, and therefore any rigidly paradigmetric system is
> probably wrong. The Secret Doctrine, it seems to me, is as rigid a cosmic
> paradigm as that of the absolute materialists or the fundamentalist
> Christians and is therefore very questionable. In a cosmos whose only
> certainty is uncertainty the complicated hierarchy based details of the
> Secret Doctrine just don't make much sense.

Personally I find the SD and more so GdeP, who I understand better, to be the
catalyst for my intuition. I read the words they use only so as to intuit
what meanings lie behind them. This means that my understanding is always
changing because as this happens, my intuition picks up more of what the
hidden ideas might be saying. I believe that there is so much more the the
universe than we can hope to understand at the moment so the path should be
an ever growing one and we all use our individual methods to travel this
path. Mine at the moment is the source literature and the gleaning of inner
meaning that HPB was pointing to. I think the SD is only a pointer to the
greater reality and words are poor substitute for the experience of that
inner reality which you no doubt are well aware off. So you get your
experience in a different way to the way I go about it. I find it very
difficult to voice what I intuitively understand from reading these books but
it has its effect in the way I see life and the way I relate to it.

> I have a friend who designed the Viking Lander, when I have time, I'm going
> to look him up and engage him to be a technical advisor for the
> "Concordance".What I'd really like to do is create a small committee of
> highly accredited scientific types to serve as an advisory committee for the
> book. (No Theologians need apply.) When I'm done, I want it to be a group
> effort, and I want it to ettle the question as much as anything can ever be
> settled in a world wherein uncertainty rules.

I am not sure that uncertainty does not stem from our own lack of knowledge
of the forces at work in the Universe. There may be more certainty than we
realise except for the continual growth factor in all things but all things
may grow in certain directions mainly, when viewed in a long term sense. I
really don't know so I will have to leave that in the too hard tray.

--

   Bee Brown
   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.