Re: Membership in the Gang of Four

May 02, 1996 12:26 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:01 AM 5/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>John Algeo almost never answers his mail.  He never has time to write
>anymore.  Nathan is up to his ears in business.  And they just tend ot be
>rude anyway.  I doubt it is anything personal against you.
>It will be fun watching John trying to explain to Radha and Joy what the Gang
>of 5 is.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA M G of 5
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck:

When I write to really important folks (senators and  congressmen etc.) they
seem to find the time to respond personally. What the hell does John Algeo
(the president of a two-bit organization) have to do that keeps him so busy.
No one can be too busy to meet standards of common courtesy! And if they
don't know what common courtesy is, why are they officers of even such an
irrelevant organization?

As to watching John making explanations to Radha and Joy as to what the Gang
of Five is (and I hope it's bigger by then) what makes you think you'll get
a chance to speak? Considering the recent disenfranchisement I'll warrant
the Convention is run like the Nuremburg Rally in 1934!

They haven't replied to Sy Ginsburg either!

I don't think it's personal chuck, I just think I represent everything they
fear, and so rather than personal it's symbolic.

By the way what do you think of Liesel Deutsch's accusation that you and I
are E.S. "plants", provocateurs sent in to "destroy Theos-List"?
Senility is the only possible excuse.

alexis