Re: To Eldon vis a vis CWL

May 01, 1996 10:25 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:29 AM 5/1/96 -0400, you wrote:

>JHE
>      Hi Alexis.  It seems that Liesel is not the only one who
>objects to anything being said about CWL that might be taken in a
>negative light.  In the past, two or three theos-l members
>protested when I and others have discussed forbidden subjects.
>There were still others who did not like us having these
>discussions, and in some cases informed me privately of this.
>Then there were others, who just quietly disapproved. In my
>opinion however, I much prefer Liesel's expression of hostility
>(though it be passive aggressive) over the political black-
>balling games played by the powerful few in Adyar and Wheaton.
>But it is not theosophical ideals that get in the way, but their
>institutional application.  The ideals of the TS concerning the
>freedom of members are:
>
>1. The freedom of opinion.  Members are allowed to express
>whatever opinion they wish, as long as they do not limit the
>rights of other members to also express their opinions.
>
>2. Members cannot have their rights and privileges as a member
>abridged for simply expressing minority opinions.
>
>3. Members are not bound to accept the teachings or opinions of
>any theosophical leaders, from HPB downwards.
>

>      So, Alexis, if you don't fear the consequences of having
>complete freedom to speak according to your own conscience, then
>jump in--the water is fine.
>
>JHE
>The disinherited

>   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
>      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
>         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
>            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |
>               ------------------------------------------
>

>Jerry:

I thank you for that most interesting and educational message. Move over in
the pool..here I come!

I cannot, in honour, do otherwise. If you, or I, or anyone, doesn't have
absolute freedom of conscience and expression than I must devote myself to
making sure that we do. To paraphrase Judy Holliday in "Born Yesterday".."If
your house is one fire and you don't call the fire department...who are you
spiting..the fire???" The T.S. is sinking (has sunk) slowly but inexorably
into the much of power politics I should hate anyone to be able to say they
weren't adequately warned! I really don't think it matters what I do I have
already been more than "marginalized" and being disenfranchised just "tops
it off".

The T.S. is dying (dead) but that doesn't mean theosophy is.

alexis