Re: Membership in the Gang of Four

Apr 30, 1996 11:48 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:50 PM 4/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Eldon,
>I thought it was funny.  But then I don't insult very easily.
>Besides, it will great fun at the opening night of convention to bring
>greetings from the Gang of Five.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA, M G of 5
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Oh will you! That's wonderful. I won't be there of course, I'm going to be
newly installed in my house and doing "finishing touches" on the
Library-study. There's another reason though that I won't be there. I am
sure that I'm not welcome. My letters to John Algeo and Nathan Greer go as
unanswered as if I had neither written or sent them, I am ignored as
completely as if I were an imaginary being. I'm pretty sure I know why, they
are hoping the old hair trigger temper will prompt a final resignation.
They're wrong, I'm older now, and far, far meaner. I tell you that something
has to be done about this disenfranchisement of members. I'll bet the next
disenfranchisement will be something like "only vegetarians can vote" and
that will be followed by what I think they're really aiming at. And that is
"only E.S. Members can vote and everyone else isn't a member at all only
some kind of subsidiary and entirely subservient "associate".

I do hope that by the conventions there 'll be more of us. I know one I'll
bring in as soon as possible.

alexis