2 Year Rule

Apr 30, 1996 04:56 PM
by Alan

 From the International (ADYAR) Rules, Rule 29 (e) for information:

(e) Without prejudice to the provisions of Rule 10, no member in
good standing for less than two years shall have the right to
vote in elections and other matters pertaining to Lodges,
Federations, Regional Associations, National Societies or other
duly constituted bodies of the Theosophical Society. In the case
of newly formed Lodges (Branches), or where the civil code or
corporate law prohibits restrictions on voting rights, the
General Secretary, or National Council or Committee, or the
International Secretary, as the case may be, shall have the
power to waive the requirements of this rule.  Where such waiver
becomes necessary, alternative safeguards shall be provided to
ensure that the character of the Society is preserved in all its
duly constituted bodies, and properties safeguarded.

Not being a member of TSA, the dispute over by-laws does not directly
affect me (except emotionally, where I am upset by what seems to be a
double standard).

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: