Re: Is this a Theosophical List?

Apr 30, 1996 03:33 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Alexis:

[writing to Chuck]

>Somehow, it seems pathetically futile for me to sit here being
>insulted by the inconsequential.

I think that a cycle of anger and self-righteousness can only
be broken when you, I, or others let the little words of others
fall off us like water off a duck's back.

It gets tiring after a while to respond to the negative, but
the cycle only continues to feed itself when any of us reply
with further barbs, like when you refer to your critics as
insults by "the inconsequential".

There is a certain pleasure in responding with clever,
sharp words in response to someone's angry blast, but that
pleasure is quickly buried as one get's one's feelings burned
yet again! There is a greater pleasure, I've found, in setting
aside all angry responses, and responding to others as though
they've never said an unkind word.

I usually find them glad too to leave the anger behind, and
then it's possible to move forward -- with a great sense of
relief! There's enough wonders in life to admire and share
with people, that no one needs to look for the ugly side of
life in people. Both sides of life exist, but which do we want
to put our energy into?

I'm trying to improve things with JRC. (and there is an
occasional remark by you that would be tempting to respond to
as well!) Even so, you may find me at times to be a pest,
since I've got what I consider to be important views that need
a proper hearing, along with everything else that is being said!

-- Eldon