Re: This *is* a Theosophical List.

Apr 29, 1996 06:19 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960428202808_282829607@emout17.mail.aol.com>,
Richtay@aol.com writes
>Alan writes,
>
>> You may find as much
>> delusion in the mirror as you find here.  In the meantime, although some
>> of us may also have something to learn, *please* try to cultivate good
>> manners and politeness to the other subscribers on the list.

Note the use of the word "may" - we all need to examine ourselves from
time to time, do we not, including me.

>Alan, are you kidding?!?!  Let me get this straight -- YOU are telling ME to
>cultivate good manners and be polite !  It is only in the last week --
>deliberately -- that I have begun responding to some on this list as I and
>others have been responded to over the past months.

.. and I have made similar requests to some of them from time to time.

>After the countless instances of nastiness and jokes at others' expense,
>coming from a very few on this board, you have the audacity to ask ME to be
>"polite"?

Wfy is it audacious to ask anyone to be polite, especially when they
sate *categorically* that someone they probably have never met is
deluded?

>Perhaps you find me disrupting the board?  Perhaps you find me insinuating
>that some of your friends are deluded in their views of Theosophy?  Wow --
>how novel.  Of course I've never experienced THAT phenomenon !!

You did not *insinuate* - you *claimed*.  If others have accused you of
the same, in the same way, that is between you and them.  I certainly
have never attacked you beliefs or opinions to the best of my
recollection.

>But I ask you -- find the SOURCE of the disruption, and get back to me.
>
>But in the meantime, let me refresh your memory as to the kind of
>"politeness" some are dishing out, and in which you are gleefully joining in:
>

>> Drpsionic@aol.com writes
>> >I am thinking of a contest to pick the biggest asshole in the TS.
>> >
>> >Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA, M G of 5
>>
>> Don't tempt me ...
>>
>> Alan

I was hinting that I might nominat Chuck - an idea that would not have
been lost on him.  Anyhow, was he addressing his remark to you?

AB
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age