Re:Lost?

Apr 29, 1996 00:04 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:26 PM 4/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <960428050155_384761599@emout09.mail.aol.com>,
>Richtay@aol.com writes
>>> I think even you will take my meaning when I sign myself formally:
>>>
>>> H.S.H. Alexis Alexandreivitch, Prince Dolgorukii of Uriev
>
>Alexis - you've completely lost me on this one!
>
>Should I call Oprah?
>
>Alan :-)
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan:

And you've lost me vis a vis "Oprah". I assume you mean Oprah Winfrey but
the connection is lost because I've never watched that show or anything even
remotely like it. So I haven't the vaguest idea what you are referring to.

Now, as to what I meant: Daniel has been "bugging" me for a genealogy,
allegedly to trace my connection with H.P.B., and I very cooperatively gave
him exactly what he said he needed and wanted. I traced H.P.B.'s
relationship to the Dolgorukii Family and to me personally, and gave his a
short but full synopsis of the Dolgorukii Heritage H.P.B. shares, and
suggestions as how that made her what she was. But, it also makes me what I
am. And I am not "your ordinary guy", anyone who associates with Royalty
takes the risk of someday trespassing on the very subtle but never the less
distinct "line" that is drawn around us. One crosses that line at great
peril to the relationship, if any, that existed. We may be "out of power"
and "out of style" at this moment, but my ancestors ruled one third of the
earth's landmass as absolute rulers, and with Russia in the complete
anarchic state it is at present, we may yet rule it again. In the message to
me which received my response and my formal signature, Daniel had just gone
too far. As you know we Dolgorukii have a low threshold of irritation and he
pushed me over the line. So I responded by drawing that line a little more
clearly and to indicate that the conversation had gone beyond the bounds of
propriety and that I was no longer feeling "friendly". "I am that I am" and
nothing can or will ever change that.

Now what really astonishes me is this" these people are Theosophists. They
allegedly believe in both Karma and Reincarnation. If either of those
conceptions are valid, I am obviously both where and what I am not
accidently but as a result of Karma and evolution. Now, quite some time ago
Bee Brown made an utterly gratuitously vicious remark anent Prince Charles
not being as important as a Black Rugby player. To me that wasn't a simple
observation but a distinct attempt to insult everyone like Prince charles
and show how important she was by comparison. Now as you know Prince
Charles, like H.P.B. is my fourth cousin, ergo I was just a touch "miffed"
on his behalf. I also don't see the need for gratuitous insult. The other
thing that really bugs me here,is that these people seem interested ONLY in
that aspect of me.

I have spent over 40 years busting my butt in the human rights movement. I
worked with Martin Luther King back when no one was interested in him, I
started campaigning against Jim Crow long before it was either fashionable
or safe to do so. I was very welcome in the movement because my impeccable
social connections earned me a leeway that others did not have. I did how
ever, not simply "work my butt off" but risked the poor thing entirely
several times. But for a quirk of fate, I'd have died with my friends Andrew
Goodman and Michael Schwerner in Philadelphia, alabama but fate intervened
and I was sent elsewhere to do other aspects of the voter registration
drive. As you also know I've been actively involved in the Gay Liberation
movement since the early 1950's, it too got a little "hairy" at times, on
top of this, I'm a well respected artist, and a teacher with students all
over this globe, as well as a psychological=spiritual counselor who works
very hard for free. And all these people can do is resent me for my
background and direct inquisitions to me concerning it. I am tired of it,
the line has been passed and repassed, and I will not put up with it any
longer. Over a half century in hiding and I come out of that occultation
joyously to find myself resented for being myself.
Bah Humbug.

I am not taking this out on you Alan, but I consider you a good friend and I
really needed someone to express myself to.

fondly

alexis etc.