Re: How do we broadcast theosophy nowadays

Apr 27, 1996 05:07 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Liesel:
> I can't see that we're going to attract any new members by
>debating among ourselves on theos-l or anywhere else, whether the Mahatmas
>had green hair or blue hair; nor whether the SD is right or wrong or whether
>Isis is any better. I also don't really give a hoot whether HPB was or
>wasn't Lesbian, or whether she had a child.

	Liesel, but it is doing some good.  In fact, it is doing a
lot of good.  I applaud Alexis for what he is doing.  As you know,
HPB taught that we humans think in terms of "grooves" or "molds"
of the mind.  We become fixated or stagnant in our views.  However,
spirit is like mercury, always moving around.  Alexis is making
us all think about our worldview and our belief systems.  He is
making us question everything HPB and the Masters taught.  This
can only be helpful to us in the long run.  As theosophists, we
must listen to what he has to say, and slowly draw our own
conclusions.  He has already caused to me change my mind
about a few things.  Hopefully others will change a bit too.  Or,
on the other hand, perhaps they will become even more confirmed
with where they currently are.  Either way it is healthy.
	If you really don't care about HPB's sex life, then you
are already over that particular mental hurtle.  I don't care either.
I also don't care about CWL's sex life or that of anyone else.  But
others on theos-l  are taking gas at the thought of this, and it is to
them that Alexis is directing his message.  Hopefully they too will
be able to get over this mental hurtle.  Whether we agree with
Alexis or not, or with Chuck or not, or with anyone else, we can
still read their posts and think about they they have to say, and
weigh it in the backs of our minds for awhile.  Its a healthy
process, and it keeps us on our mental toes, and helps
keep us from falling into mental grooves, howsoever golden
they may seem.  It also keeps us from falling into
fundamentalism--that false belief that we know it all.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI