Re: ambivalence

Apr 27, 1996 01:07 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:44 PM 4/26/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>I'm ambivalent about the masters.  On one had, I like Paul's work but on the
>other it is somewhat embarrassing to have one appear in the bedroom with me
>and my girlfriend. (I didn't know they were voyeurs.)  Perhaps we have two
>groups, the very human figures that Paul writes of and at the same time a
>group of not quite competant demigods who keep falling off their carpets
>(hopefully at very low altitude), watch theosophists making whoopee, and
>trying to decide which to play, the piano keyboard in the living room or the
>organ keyboard in the drawing room, while trying vainly to keep mankind on
>track, the TS from becoming totally silly and the Disinherited from setting
>fire to the Ashram in revenge for being buggered by the Bishop.  And doing
>all this while hiding from the Chinese army!
>No wonder Morya kept falling off his horse!  And what is it that he really
>puts in that pipe?
>The reason our merry gang has not done a serious study of the Masters is that
>it is really very difficult to take them seriously as they have been
>presented.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian, MTI, FTSA, MG of 5
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>HOO HAH!  Am I in trouble now!
>
>Now all I have to do is figure out a way to get the Master DK to come out of
>the closet--my linen closet!

Listen Chuck:

Anyone who isn't ambivalent about "The Masters" as theosophy presents them,
isn't very bright. You'll notice I never use the term, I find it misleading
and juvenile. We don't have two groups because an Adept is always quite
competent, especially in his or her own field of work. You know, and I know
that what you saw in your bedroom was just an ordinary "spook"...the
so-called "Masters" depicted by CWL and "David Anrias" are sheer sake oil,
and one is far more likely to meet one of the Adepts on the street, or even
through E-Mail, than have them wander through the bedroom wall.. The T.S.
claims loudly to be entirely opposed to the spiritualists but the conception
of "The Masters" is dreadfully spiritualist in character.

I very much doubt that the T.S. would even dream of wanting a serious study
of "The masters", so I'm in the process of so doing. That's what
"Connections, connections is becoming.

Alexis, MTI., FTSA.
the eclectic theosophist
satyat - nasti - paro -dharma
Shaman, Healer, Psychic, Priest
Member: Gang of five! (what no sixth yet!)