Re: Independent Bodies

Apr 27, 1996 00:47 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:47 PM 4/26/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	I think we have a semantics problem.  I am
>not referring to "independent" as in "external" but
>rather as in not needing anything else to survive.  As
>far as I am concerned, all "bodies" on all planes, can
>only exist if they are infilled with a consciousness.  In
>other words, an objective body has to have a subjective
>self within it.  JHE was implying that after we die, we
>will receive a body (kama-rupa) that was either standing
>around waiting for us, or made by someone at that instant
>in time just for us to inhabit, and until we enter it, it is
>entirely independent of us.  I don't buy that.  Besides,
>technically no living thing can ever be "independent"
>as all living things must depend on something (food,
>energy, communication, whatever).
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>Jerry:

We certainly did! We do no longer. I agree with what you say completely.
Now, you know that as a Shaman, I don't think in term of "bodies" but only
in terms of consciousness and awareness. But the consciousness is
independent. As Shaman, I see no "bodies" at all post mortem, only
intelligences or sentiencies. I think all that Mahayana Buddhist terminology
that theosophists love so much as just plain extraneous and irrelevant.
Nothing, after all, really "dies", it simply changes its venue.

Now as to physical "dependence" i.e. food etc., sure all physical things
depend on things of that sort; that's not what I mean when I say
"independent", what I mean by independence refers to intellectual and
spiritual independence, it refers to an absolutely unique and totally
individual-independent intelligence that is subject to nothing but itself. I
guess that makes me a "spiritual anarchist" might as well I have recently
been charged with being the other kind. Now HPB was a Shaman too, and so I
imagine she was tailoring her words to her intended audience. I doubt if
there's anyone on this list who doesn't know I think CWL was a total phony
so I won't go into it.

alexis dolgorukii, MTI., FTSA.
the eclectic theosophist
satyat - nasti - paro - dharma