How do we broadcast theosophy nowadays

Apr 26, 1996 06:50 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Doss writes>

The question that arises in my mind is what we as individuals can do
>to further Theosophy so that it can benefit more and more of the masses?
>With the technological progress it is possible to reach mass audience
>more easily and quickly than ever before.

Dear Doss,

I joined TI, in the hope that we would accomplish something in that
direction. I can't see that we're going to attract any new members by
debating among ourselves on theos-l or anywhere else, whether the Mahatmas
had green hair or blue hair; nor whether the SD is right or wrong or whether
Isis is any better. I also don't really give a hoot whether HPB was or
wasn't Lesbian, or whether she had a child. If the latter is true. Good for
her. Motherhood is the greatest. If the former is true, I'd quote Bill
Nicholson " Wherever there is love ..." & I'd let it go at that. It comes
from the same morass as Jenifer Flowers & is just as useful to our own daily
lives. I think it would be much more attractive to new people, if we
discussed some of the subject matter of the SD and Isis, as well as the
ideas as expressed by the Masters, & chose some ideas which had relevancy to
what's happening at this moment. Of course, since this is what *I* would do,
I would also bring in the ideas of Leadbeater & Besant, which I find very
cogent.

That's my considered opnion. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Liesel
Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR