to follow through

Apr 27, 1996 07:48 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

      Dear folks,

During the past few days I've been trying to promote the idea that it would
be profitable if we talked about some things that have some sort of bearing
on our present lives.

Alan has been doing yeoman's work skanning all those classics & putting them
into our files. While I was introspecting this AM, I realized that I had
just assumed that since he's now given us all this good material right to
hand, we'd be reading up on things. I know that I myself have in back of my
mind to look at WQJudge's book, because I don't know beans about him, but of
course, I haven't gotten to it as yet. Then I got to wondering whether
anyone *has* really gotten around to reading some of it, about which I
wasn't so sure, and so I went on to try to figure out a way to make it more
productive, like if we discussed some of the material. So I pulled out
"Isis" to see what I could find. So I thought maybe if I give a couple of
quotes we could start a discussion going. So I'm trying:

"In the presence of a corpse, the skeptical physiologist stands dumb when
asked by his pupil whence came the former tenant of that empty box, and
whither has it gone."

"Who has been able to penetrate the secret formation of a body ... ? who has
sounded to the bottom the abyss in a grain of sand" which"has been studied
for thousands of years?"

"Why should there be an attraction between the molecules of matter, & none
between those of spirit?"

"The Hermetic, Orphic, and Pythagorean cosmogonical doctrines, ... are all
based upon  one irrefutable formula, viz.  that the Aether & Chaos, or, in
the Platonic language, mind and matter, were the 2 primeval and eternal
principles of the universe..."

Liesel
Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR