Re: bodies--a dead horse

Apr 26, 1996 10:00 AM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

>>JHE:
>>However, if someone on this board wishes to continue this
>>discussion concerning differences between HPB and CWL, I would
>>be more than happy to start again.

>Me too, consider the glove taken, Jerry. Let us pick up where we
>left last week.

     OK Kim, I expected that you would be lurking in the shadows
and would be ready to continue this discussion with you.
However, as I mentioned to Dan Caldwell, our discussion was on
quite a different plane than was mine with Jerry S.  Therefore, I
think that some of the suggestions Dan had made or indicated are
appropriate here:

1. All statements on our parts must be at least backed up by a
reference.  Short illustrative quotes are even better.

2. When discussing HPB's system, the quotes supporting her must
come from HPB.  Supports from CWL must come from CWL.  Using
other "authorities" such as, for instance, Bailey, Purucker,
Subba Row etc. to either support or to not support HPB or CWL
cannot be acceptable because if raises questions concerning the
understanding of that "authority."

3. My own bias is that HPB's system is not borrowed from any
extant Indian system, so I would not find the quoting of this or
that Indian system to support HPB's system to be acceptable
either.  If you feel differently, then I would be interested in
hearing your arguments as to why you might believe that HPB's
system is borrowed from an Indian system.

     I think the above will help to minimize side tracking and
tangents and will help keep the discussion progressive.  It
should also make it easier for other readers to follow, if they
care to.  If the above is acceptable to you, then perhaps the
best way to start is for you to append the supporting evidence to
the statements (references quotes etc.) in your last reply.  In
the mean time, I will look over your replies and re-examine those
citations I made that you believe I misunderstood.  Also, please
let me know of any statements I made that you may feel to be
unsupported.  Since this is the end of the semester, please
understand that my replies may be a bit erratic for the next
month.

Best
Jerry HE
   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |