Re: attitude

Apr 25, 1996 11:20 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:07 PM 4/25/96 -0400, you wrote:

>How convenient.  I (and others) can only assume that you do not want to
>continue because I am prepared for a full-guns, no-holds-barred discussion,
>and I am prepared to bring in current research as well as stand on HPB's
>shoulders and defend her positions from the new vantage point of 20th century
>science.  And, as you surely know, there's lots of it.  Good stuff.
>
>Perhaps it is the height of folly to suggest that so many on this list are
>quite in love with banter and chit chat and off the cuff remarks --
>one-liners, anecdotes, etc. -- while shying away from in-depth discussion
>which might, just MIGHT make them reconsider their positions.  And I am NOT
>just referring to Alexis.
>
>I will say that for my part I don't find your views repugnant, just naive.
> And when challenged, you retreat into "I don't want to play this game
>anymore."
>
>But frankly, you threw down the gauntlet by dismissing the anthropogenetic
>teachings of HPB, and now refuse to back it up.
>
>I certainly look forward to "the book," should it ever materialize.
> Meanwhile, the repugnant Theosophists will continue to study, discuss and
>learn from the actual teachings HPB gave, especially from her magnum opus the
>Secret Doctrine, which even at the end of the 20th century is only BEGINNING
>to be understood, even by the most sincere students.
>
>No Rich:
You totally misunderstand me, I am perfectly willing to discuss the
Anthropogenesis with someone I consider a reasonable and equal opponent.
It's your attitude I am backing away from. I'm perfectly willing to discuss
anything on a reasonably intellectual level, but, as far as my experience
with you goes, you are a fanatic, and you approach theosophy from a
religious point of view. One of the things they apparently didn't teach you
at Harvard was how to hold a discussion like a gentleman.  You are as they
say popularly, "a smart-ass kid". When you develop the ability to discuss,
and even to argue like a gentleman, then I'll be happy to discuss this with
you. I am very much your elder, and frankly, I am very uncomfortable with
impertinent puppies.

alexis dolgorukii