Re: Adepts

Apr 25, 1996 11:03 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:31 PM 4/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>> Do you mean by "Adept" an exceptional
>>>spiritual individual, with some form of inner awakening? If so, I
>>>wouldn't write off theosophical groups as being hopeless in this
>>>regard.
>>
>> "Exceptional spiritual individual, with
>>some form of spiritual awakening" is all too frequently the pose assumed by
>>some Snake oil salesman like Jerry Falwell or sister Theresa.
>
>	While I would agree with Alexis, for the most part, he
>apparently has not met Grace Knoche, who nicely fits Eldon's
>definition.
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>Jerry:

No I haven't met Grace Knoche, but from what I hear about her from those who
have, you're right. Not all "exceptionally spiritual individuals with some
form of spiritual awakening" are Snake Oil Salesmen, only those in whom the
spirituality is a posture or pose. Sometimes it was real, as it was in John
xxiii. But sadly, in all too many cases in human society Spirituality is a
posture and an assumption, the "real one's" are a rarity. Sadly too, the
general human definition of "spirituality" is limited to "imitatio Sanctus",
and has nothing to do with real spirituality.

alexis dolgorukii, MTI., FTSA.
the eclectic theosophist
satyat - nasti - paro - dharma
Shaman, Healer, Psychic, Tulku,