Re: anthropology-biology

Apr 25, 1996 03:53 PM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Alexis writing to Rich Taylor says:

>> I find your views of theosophy repugnant. I find them so because they
>> represent everything I don't like about the current incarnation of the
>> theosophical movement. Personally I think my interpretation of H.P.B. and
>> his motivations and agenda are more valid than yours, and I find
>> preoccupation with what I see is "Who's on first" unfortunate.
>> I have no wish to be rude to you, and no desire to be antithetic, but I
>just
>> don't have any desire to continue a discussion with absolutely no hope of
>> any "meeting of the minds".

Rich Taylor replies to Alexis:

>How convenient.  I (and others) can only assume that you do not want to
>continue because I am prepared for a full-guns, no-holds-barred discussion,
>and I am prepared to bring in current research as well as stand on HPB's
>shoulders and defend her positions from the new vantage point of 20th century
>science.  And, as you surely know, there's lots of it.  Good stuff.
>
>Perhaps it is the height of folly to suggest that so many on this list are
>quite in love with banter and chit chat and off the cuff remarks --
>one-liners, anecdotes, etc. -- while shying away from in-depth discussion
>which might, just MIGHT make them reconsider their positions.  And I am NOT
>just referring to Alexis.

Come on, Alexis!  Lighten up!  Rich wants to have a discussion.  Why not
accomodate
him!  You might learn something. : )  And the rest of us (including Rich)
might learn
something, too!

Isn't Theos-l suppose to be a discussion list, at least in part, where
people with differing
and even equally "repugnant" views can halfway calmly discuss their
different viewpoints?

Alexis, not everyone on Theos-l is in love with your viewpoint.   I was somewhat
shocked with your description of Rich's view as "repugnant."  Now you are
entitled to
that opinion but DEAL with Rich's ideas.  Show us with logic, reason and
commonsense
that Rich's ideas are repugnant.

Food for thought,

Daniel