Re: Welcome

Apr 25, 1996 03:49 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Alexis:

[writing to LW]

>The entire history of the "Mystery School Tradition" on this planet, and
>that of "The Mystery Religions" themselves, and they are not identical
>traditions, upholds my theory. It's very simple "No Adept - No Mystery".

The requirement to have an Adept leading a school sounds similar to
the Guru Yoga approach, like the approach in Tibetan Buddhism where
the importance of a Guru is considered paramount.

Do you think that a school or gathering of people approaching the spiritual
Path is really useless without an Adept to lead it up? That would write off
any theosophical lodge that tries to be something more than a book-study
club.

Perhaps, though, your definition of "Adept" is different than the
traditional theosophical one. Do you mean by "Adept" an exceptional
spiritual individual, with some form of inner awakening? If so, I
wouldn't write off theosophical groups as being hopeless in this
regard.

-- Eldon