re: HPB anthropology

Apr 24, 1996 11:48 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Good stunt, Daniel!

I'm trying to think of what I believe consciousness is. I've listened to
tapes about it. I think Ravi Ravindra talked about it, but I really don't
know what consciousness is. It is something aware ... maybe aware of itself.
It creates universes out of itself, & everything that's in them. When I try
to think of how people create, they most often aren't aware of themselves,
they just have aquired certain skills, & then draw something out of
themselves. It requires a certain effort, but I'm not sure that the effort
need be self-conscious. It requires skill, ingenuity, a certain playfulness,
also adventurousness. It makes a big Bang, & here's this whole universe DNA,
with hopes of unfolding. You create some more, it doesn't quite come out
right, so you fix it a bit here & there, until it comes out to your liking.
Some planets are hotter, some cooler, try out different gas mixes. Ha!
here's water. It can sustain life. When yo get to people, which way do they
need to walk. I guess backwards & forwards ... no maybe just forwards is
better. You may try out putting eyes on either side of of a forhead, or
maybe one would look better in back of the head. No, no, that's not too
swift. You may play around & try curly hair, or straight hair, or kinky
hair. Those are some of the manifestations of consciousness, but what is it?

Liesel
Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR