Re: "Lighten up"

Apr 24, 1996 12:24 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:43 PM 4/24/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm sorry it effected you negatively Alex,
>
>To me it simply says that you get out of a situation what you bring to it.
> And I think this applies on all levels.  And that we need to spend more
>time looking within then without.  So take a half full glass and have a
>drink of "Lighten Up" <grin>.
>
>Nick.
> ----------
>Nick:

The only "negative effect" of that poem was to make me speculate that it's
author should "Lighten up" too.My point being that the author of the poem
portrays a contemptuous viewpoint regarding the spiritual searches of
others. Some folks, in fact a majority in my experience, first have to look
out wards before they can look inwards without total self-absorbtion, also I
think the author should remember that in spiritual searching their are many
paths and all of them are valid for those whose proper pathways they are. I
also cannot help but wonder from what perspective the author presumes to
rate other peoples searches in such general and sarcastic terms. I didn't
take it personally because all the Gods know I am a Theosophist and we are
all above personal things. <grin>

alexis dolgorukii
The Eclectic Theosophist
Shaman, Healer, Psychic