Re: anthropology-biology

Apr 24, 1996 12:14 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:11 AM 4/24/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Paul Johnson writes:
>
>So what I will do instead is ask Mike Mueckler, a research
>>biologist, to comment on the evolutionary scenario laid out in
>>the Secret Doctrine and its compatibility with scientific
>>knowledge as opposed to theory.  I hope he is willing to offer
>>a moderately detailed commentary.
>
>Daniel comments:
>
>Mike Mueckler, from what he has written on alt.religion.eckankar, and from
>what little
>I posted here on theos-l, is what I would call a materialist.  He believes
>humans are just
>material bodies.  There is nothing to leave or survive the death of the
>body.  Consciousness
>is just part of the workings of the brain and nervous system.  There is no
>soul, spirit or
>consciousness to leave the body during life or even at death.   Furthermore,
>there are no
>"higher" or "lower" planes of existence, however you might want to phrase
>it.  Muecker
>does NOT believe in the existence of any psychic or paranormal phenomena,
>even of
>telepathy.
>
>Daniel:
First I want to thank you for your kind gift of your book on HPB. I really
appreciate it. When my book comes out you will be among the first to receive
one.

Now as to this posting: I got the impression that Mike Mueckler is being
recruited to this discussion for the purposes of giving the scientific  view
of the most contemporary scientific attitudes regarding the Anthropology
presented in Vol II of the Secret Doctrine. His views on the transcendent
are totally irrelevant to this service. He's been recruited to tell us what
science now knows about the development of the Human Race. This discussion
has nothing to do with extra-physicality.
When we are speaking of the developmental changes which took humanity from
Homo-Erectus to Homo-Sapiens, we're talking physical evolution. My own
objections to Anthropogenesis deal with the complete invalidity of it's
depiction of physical things. In fact, anthropogenesis has only to do with
the physical. There is no spiritual difference between people of allegedly
different races. But the information pertaining to those races, as depicted
in the S. D. are wrong in view of modern Post-Darwinian scientific
knowledge. I say knowledge rather than "theories" because that, I think, is
what we're dealing with.

cordially:

alexis dolgorukii
The Eclectic Theosophist