Re:I'm sure we would

Apr 23, 1996 11:20 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:59 PM 4/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>> I would be willing to support a "voucher system" providing it was not
>> possible to spend the vouchers at religious schools.
>>

>I hope you would support a voucher at a Catholic or other religous school
>as long as it was not spent on religous education.
>
>Anyway, thanks for your views. I suspect we could get along fine.
>   -Mike
>
>Mike:

My only question is how do you separate just plain instruction from
religious instruction at an institution whose entire focus is religious?
That proved to be one of the primary problems experienced by Jewish Children
who were sheltered in convent and monastic schools during the Nazi period.
Their lives were spared, and that is wonderful, but many of them experienced
much identity confusion. How do I make sure my tax dollars, when spent at a
religious institution aren'f spent on religious instruction?

I'm sure we would get along fine. Actually, I get along fine with most
folks. In a more balanced environment I'm not nearly the curmudgeon I may
seem here.

alexis dolgorukii
The Eclectic Theosophist