Re: Golden Dawn

Apr 22, 1996 09:26 PM
by M K Ramadoss

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996 rwheaton@bart.ccis.com wrote:

> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:49:37 -0400
> From: rwheaton@bart.ccis.com
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Re: Golden Dawn
>
> Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > RW,
> > Great thunderbolts of Jupiter!  I thought I was foul tempered.
> > Calm down.  If this keeps up my screen will melt.
> >
> > Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
> > Heretic
> > Troublemaker
>
> I apologize to the group for allowing my rauch to get out of hand.  It is
> my belief that the esoteric or practical teaching of the ancient
> mysteries are valuable.  The theoretical teachings are important, but
> they're not the entire picture.
> In light of this can someone please tell how to find out more
> concerning the esoteric section of the Theosophical Society?
>
> Yours Truly,
> RW

You can contact the Theosophical Society in America at theos@netcom.
Probably you can also call them toll free at 1-800-669-1571 and speak to
some one in the membership who may provide some information.

BTW, you may not be able to get much information other than some of the
basic requirements such as at least two years of membership of the
Theosophical Society, vegetarian life style, non use of alchohol or other
mind altering drugs etc.

Recently I posted a msg quoting a letter that was sent to A P Sinnett
which is generally considered as the Charter for the Theosophical
Society. In the letter, it is made very clear that the prime purpose of
the Theosophical Society is to further the idea of Universal Brotherhood
of Humanity and *not* the establishment of a philosophical
(psychological) school for the benefit of a few. I believe you may be
familiar with the above.

In the above context, I am just curious about (1) how you came upon
theos-l, (2) how you came across Theosophy/Theosophical Society and (3)
what you would wish to achieve in the Esoteric School.

If you prefer, you do not have to answer any of the above. But it would
be very informative to all of us.

Peace

	....doss