The Aryan Race

Apr 22, 1996 04:14 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19960422083333.00699cd0@mail.slip.net>, alexis
dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>At 08:10 AM 4/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
> it could be argued (and probably has been) that the
>>mass-murders of the Nazis were connected to the racial ideas they had
>>derived from theosophy and its evolutionary theories regarding the
>>"superiority" of the Aryan race.  Certainly theosophy promulgated such
>>ideas BEFORE Hitler used them.
>>
>>Alan
>>---------
>>
>>Actually alan: The best evidence I've seen connects the Holocaust directly
>to centuries of anti-Jewish teaching by the Catholic Church at first, and
>then the schismatics later on. Martin Luther was surely a raging Jew Hater.
>On the other hand it's probably true that Guido von Liszt got some of his
>ideas from the S.D. it is equally true that his main inspiration was
>Friedrich Nietzsche and I would be enormously surprised if he was inspired
>by Blavatsky considering the dates involved.
>
>alexis

I was talking about Hitler, the Nazi Party, elected 1933 and its racial
policies, which *specifically* used the idea of  "Aryan Race"
superiority as justification for mass-murder - not only of Jews.
Theosophists were was using almost identical terminology with a similar
implicit flavor since before Hitler was born.  Did the Catholics, Luther
included, or Liszt or Nietzche use this concept of Aryan supremacy in
the same way?

In 135 c.e. the Romans (who were not Christians) threw *all* the Jews,
including the Christian ones (probably the only sort at that date) out
of Jerusalem after the Bar Kochba rebellion, so the Xtian precedent for
Jewish persecution is not unique.

My comment related to a connection between theosophical racial ideas and
Nazi racial ideas, which was the question I hoped to see addressed.
That the Catholic Church and its successors were Jew-haters may be true,
but it is not directly relevant to my question.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age