Running a maillist

Apr 22, 1996 07:27 AM
by M K Ramadoss

Hi

Here is a very interesting message from the person responsible for J
Krishnamurti maillist - listening-l.

This msg gives the story as seen from the person who is *runs* the list.

	....doss

michael@connectheworld.com.my writes:

 > Dirk said:
 >
 > >>Dear Rajendra, Dear Michael,
 >
 > please make sure that you post to listening-l@zrz.tu-berlin.de and *not* to
 > listening-l- owner@zrz.tu-berlin.de. I observed that you both seemed to use
 > this falsely address a couple of times lately. These messages go only to the
 > admin of the list and are not seen by the members of list. If you have
 > question please drop me a mail.<<
 >
 > How come you never get involved with discussions on listening-l which you so
 > selflessly and faultlessly run? You are the perfect butler; efficient and
 > unobtrusive, and never once took a look at the sumptuous spread on the table
 > let alone sampled the fare.  I am suspicious. Is the poison in the soup or
 > the wine?

Dear Michael, thinking a while I really have no concrete answer. I'm
watching what is going on being interested, amused, irrated, bored,
touched, untouched, whatever like anybody else I guess. Not feeling so
confident in english writing, I'd rather see what's happening which
isn't rather uncommon since the list always has about 100
members. Can't also follow all the threads as anybody I guess. At the
beginning I was very worried if the list "succeeds" somehow.  I didn't
like to see the aggression which came up once in a while. Especially
being touched personally ("my list" or so -> dropped that a while
ago!). It is simply amazing to me that this list runs for two years
now which such an enormous traffic. Some can keep track, some don't. I
learned that nothing can be done about "how it has to run".

I hope it's wine Michael, greetings to Malaysia(?) from Berlin!

Dirk