Re: female adepts

Apr 20, 1996 10:41 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:53 PM 4/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Alexis,
>You're right, I was absolutely wrong. I was looking for females among all
>the holy & venerated people in the world, & there are powerfully few. So the
>answer is there aren't any female Mahatmas, because HPB was only a chela, &
>I don't know of any female who was really an adept.
>
>Liesel
>
>Mme Blavatsky was a Chela, HPB was an adept, and a particularly powerful
one! An Adept is the same thing as a Mahatma if you remove all the religious
fol de rol. If you think there are no human females among the most
venerated people in the world (to me the word holy is meaningless- UNLESS it
is taken as meaning WHOLE) then this represents the only gap in your
knowledge I have yet to discover. there is an immensely long list of women
who were as powerful in their adept hood as any male figure in Theosophical
Legend. Don't let yourself feel excluded or denigrated because CWL was a
colossal fool!

alexis