Thesophists in Russia 2

Apr 20, 1996 09:41 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

        Dear folks, especially Alexis,

Everything in one day!

My correspondent in Western Europe, who belongs to Adyar/France, phoned
Moscow for us to get the right address. They've moved, & since they may move
soon again have taken a PO Box.

        Mr.Vladimir Popov, President
        PO Box 9
        123022 Moscow
        Russia

The Russians begin with the last line & work backwards.
The street address is the same, except instead of PO Box it's
        Trehgorny val Street 2, app 49

The FAX seems to be located in their publishing house. I write to her in
French & she says it's the Fax for "editions Sphera". That sounds to me like
a publisher. She says we can write in English. They'll understand it. They
told her to thank us for whatever we're plannning to do.

She gave me the FAX again, & if anyone is going to use it, I'd advise you to
check first with the phone company. She & I differ on the first 3 digits,
after that, we're both alike.

She says to start with 007-      I thought I should start with 011-
The rest of it is
        FAX 095/205-22-28
      phone 095/205-23-78

These are the FAX rates from the East Coast:
        1PM - 2AM - $2.47/min.
        2AM - 7AM - $1.89/min.
        7AM - 1 PM - $2.09/min.

She says the TS in Moscow doesn't have any e-mail.

Alan, I think she still has some money from David in Perth to spend on books
for Sergei. Most of it she's already bought & sent. She's talking about
having had to wait for 4 books for a whole year, & having to order them
repeatedly. Do you think that your friend with the book store could help
her, if she needs help, & if yes, may I give her your snail mail address, or
his?

Liesel