Re: female mahatmas

Apr 19, 1996 12:30 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:30 AM 4/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Though I have studied this myself I remember at a talk some years ago
>some said that Kwan Yin (various spellings my apoloogies if this isnt
>the correct one) is one a female mahatma.
>
>Maybe others have studied this and can confirm/correct my memory?
>
>BFN
>OOROO
>Michelle
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>michelle@zip.com.au
>Get On-Line Internet Training and Database Services
>http://www.arch.unsw.edu.au/netcourse/
>
>Michelle:

I wouldn't think so, and the reason is this: Kwan Yin, or Kannon, or
Avolokitishvara and they are all essentially the same androgynous entity is
essentially a "Divine Spirit" or "Goddess" and Mahatmas are always still
physical "human beings = X" they are no longer homo-sapiens but rather are
"Homo-Metsapiens" and so then it seems clear to me that Kwan Yin is no more
an adept (Mahatma) than Apollo or Odhin would be.

alexis dolgorukii
member TI, FTSA