re: changeing one's personality

Apr 18, 1996 05:40 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Good God, Jerry, that reallly came from left base. How can anyone be afraid
of personality changes? Some of them just came naturally to me with time,
with aging, without even half trying. I was a student, a wife, a mother, a
housewife, a professional person, a retiree. Each one brought a change. Each
one brought maturity, I think, because it made me have a different point of
view. Besides, I started out with certain things from my parents which I
wasn't at all in agreement with. I've been trying to change those, & often
successfully after a lot of work, ever since I left my parents' home to go
to college. It's something we just do. Come to think of it, at my age, the
changes that come aren't always for the better, & that's something maybe to
be afraid of. Doesn't help very much. The Buddha says that the one thing you
can be sure of is that things will change. It's easier if one learns to ride
the waves.

Liesel
member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR