Re: Cosmii?????

Apr 18, 1996 01:34 PM
by Jerry Schueler

> As I understand it, there can be nothing
>outside the cosmos because 'All that Is' is the Cosmos and 'All that Is'
>would not be that if it could be outside itself.
	If the cosmos was closed, then it has to have edges or
boundaries.  If it does, then one has to ask oneself, what is on the
other side?  This is a mind game, like the kind the old Buddhists
loved to play.

>The Cosmos could be thought
>of as an evolving thing also therefore it is forever expanding and there are
>no limits to it.
	Anything that evolves has to be limited, by definition.
Anything that expands has to expand somewhere, doesn't it?
Where is the room to expand, if the comos is "All that is?"

>The Cosmos is full of Universes that may be said to have
>arrived via the big bang. As above so below,...
	Right.  There are worlds, and universes, and cosmoi,
and ... and there is no end in sight.

	Just a few things to ponder over.  Just how
big is infinite, anyway?  Thanks for the post, Bee.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI