Re:HPB & psychism

Apr 18, 1996 07:11 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:44 AM 4/18/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alexis wrote,
>
>"As HPB regularly pointed out "Mediumship" is unconscious and
>uncontrollable by the medium, whereas conscious psychism is a totally
>controllable activity" this is the distinction she was trying to make. "

You state your position very forcefully, as usual. But I don't accept it.
I've read the literature too, and we have an entirely different "take" on
it. If as you imply, HPB had made a distinction ONLY between Mediumship and
Adepthood, and if I believed her position was that only a "Mahatma" was or
could be an adpet, I wouldn't be an active theosophist, for you see that
would mean HPB was totally in error about a very important subject. I don't
think she was, but I know you are.

alexis