Re: Cosmii?????

Apr 18, 1996 01:43 AM
by Bee Brown

>At 05:05 PM 4/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>> What
>>>I need to understand is if you mention this as a radical concept, because it
>>>seems obvious to me. (i.e. there can be nothing "outside of" the cosmos.)
>>
>>	What about all of the other cosmoses?
>>
>>	Jerry S.
>>	Member, TI
>>
>>Jerry:
>
>Hooray!
>
>That's just what I was wondering. If the "Big Bangs" are serial, and I
>believe they are, then each "bang" creates a Cosmos, unique unto itself.
>Obviously the various Cosmoi interpenetrate in some way, but is there a
>rigid cosmic parameter "outside" of which things cannot be? I don't think
>so. In any case, we must ask what is the venue in which the "big bang"
>occurs? The "Big Bang" occurs in a locus, it creates a cosmos, that Cosmos
>then, is created inside of a venue. There fore how can we think that there
>is nothing outside of the Cosmos!
>
>alexis

This is an interesting question. As I understand it, there can be nothing
outside the cosmos because 'All that Is' is the Cosmos and 'All that Is'
would not be that if it could be outside itself. The Cosmos could be thought
of as an evolving thing also therefore it is forever expanding and there are
no limits to it. The Cosmos is full of Universes that may be said to have
arrived via the big bang. As above so below, and as we are never ending so
are all other things but all other things are expressions of the Cosmos. I
read an interesting thing on Eternal being equated with unchanging and if
that was the case nothing was eternal because everything was changing and
evolving for ever. I guess it depends on how one understands it.

Bee Brown
Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
Theos Int & L