Re: "safety"

Apr 17, 1996 11:03 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:07 PM 4/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>May I be permnitted to emphasize something which I am sure Jerry Scheuler
knows full well but I fear many other people like Eldon forget. "Life" is
not even a slightly safe path. We, all of us take risks every moment of
every day of our lives. It is the learning and understanding and awareness
that develops from those risks and their results that contribute to the
evolutionary growth of the intelligence that is sentience, and the
intensification of awareness that makes sentience more alive. To avoid the
development of one's psyche because it's dangerous, is to try to avoid
"growing up" and makes of life, a waste of time.

alexis dolgorukii, member TI, FTSA