Re: Proposed revisions

Apr 18, 1996 12:35 PM
by Murray A Stentiford

Thanks for the reply, Alan.

Just a few responses in turn.

>>Re:
>>
>>>Below is the revised version for the consideration of TI members, as
>>>also mentioned on theos-l in a separate post.

>>Now, my second point is about the phrase
>>
>>"To investigate unexplained laws of nature ..."  in the 3rd object.
>>
>>With my science background, I have always felt uncomfortable with "unexplained
>>laws of nature", and I think that words like  "regularity" and "consistency",
>>as Don DeGracia put it a while ago, do much better than "law", today.
>
>A recent correction, following discussion among members, alters "laws of
>nature" to "mysteries of nature" of which there is an abundance of the
>unexplained, which agrees quite well with your view below, I think?

Mysteries is a nice term. It would fit into my suggested wording thus:

"To investigate the mysteries of nature, and unrealized human potential and
abilities, with an underlying respect for all life."

Reads rather well, I reckon.

>So can we leave it till next time?  You can bet there will be one!

Let's see what further comment there is from others.

>Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. And be glad I haven't had the time to write more! :-)

Murray
Member TI & TS in NZ