Re: Oprah Today

Apr 16, 1996 04:19 PM
by M K Ramadoss krishnamurtimlglist <listening-l@zrz.tu-berlin.de>

	I watched Oprah today, thanks for Bigfootmm.

	When Lyman, a former cattle rancher turned vegetarian, explained
how dead cows are ground up and fed back to the cows, you could see the
utter shock in the eyes of the audience including Oprah. There was one
Dr. representing the cattlemans association who put up a pathetic
presentation of how US beef is "safe" - ie. no problems have been
identified so far.

	According to Lyman, Mad cow disease is waiting to hit USA. When
it does hit, it is going to be worse than the Aids crisis.

	All the cruelty that goes with killing animals for food has to
have some consequence. People listen to scare of serious illness and
sickness. But if Mad cow disease hits, it may be too late to lament.

	Vegetarians need not worry. Ha Ha Ha.

	.....doss