TSA On the Internet

Apr 15, 1996 08:28 PM
by Eldon B. Tucker

I had heard something about the Wheaton HQ of the T.S.
getting on the Internet soon, but did not mention what
I heard until I asked John Algeo if it would be ok to
say something.

JA> As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing confidential
JA> about our plans. I've been telling anyone who asks me
JA> what they are.

JA> We have funding to start our Web site; we have
JA> identified (and may have ordered--I don't mess with that)
JA> the hardware we need; we are negotiating with a provider
JA> for access; we are gathering data to put on the homepage.
JA> We hope to be up and operating by the time of the Annual
JA> Meeting in July. Everyone who is doing this, however, is
JA> also doing a lot of other things, and we want to do it right.
JA> You are free to give that information to anyone who asks.

Since it's okay to talk about the computer project ...
The technical information that I heard was that the computer
would be a 166 mhz Pentium running Windows NT with a cisco
router and a 56 kb ISDN line, later to grow to a T1 connection.

-- Eldon