Re:Survival

Apr 15, 1996 00:10 AM
by Richtay

Jerry:

The Temple of the People is located in Halcyon California.  They have about
95 members.  It is extant, I met the current leader and Spokesperson for the
Masters last year at a conference in Ojai.

The Point Loma group has less than ten members.  They are separate from
Pasadena, mostly because of a bitter dispute over the leadership position
about 50 years ago, and slightly different takes on the philosophy.  Point
Loma still published many books, but their magazine The Eclectic Theosophist
has sung its swan song.

It is not clear whether ULT or Pasadena has more members, and each group has
decided it doesn't care about numbers.  We only care about planting seeds,
not about converting the masses to our way of thinking all at once.  It is
said to be the work of millenia.  I wouldn't care if Theosophy had 5 members,
if they were doing good work, no?