Re: hypotheticists

Apr 14, 1996 10:50 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:31 PM 4/14/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Alexis,
>I think what you're describing there is the difference between occultists &
>mystics.
>Those are, totally valid, different paths to the same goal, taken by people
>with different temperaments. It is said that it's difficult for someone of 1
>perusasion to understand someone of the other persuasion. But maybe, if
>we're aware of the fact that these 2 paths exist, we can be more tolerant of
>each other.
>
>Liesel
>Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR
>
>Liesel: Sure there's a huge difference between "Occultists" and "Mystics"
and both Jerry Schueler and myself happen to be both, but in differing
proportions. But when I talk about "Brain-Based Hypotheticism" I am not
talking about "Occultism". Occultism, while a great deal more intellectually
based than mysticism, and I'm talking about the higher degrees of
intelectuality (higher mind), they are still primarily
existenial-experiential. When I say someone is pursuing what I call
"Brain-Based Hypotheticality" I am referring to those who, it seems to me,
get all of their knowledge out of the experiences of others rather than
their own experiences. In other words, "booklearning" rather than experience
based perceptions. In that case then, it's all just hypothetical supposition
and speculation. Now there's nothing wrong with supposition and speculation,
it's very useful and I do it all the time. What can be made to be wrong
withit is when a person pretends to more than that.

Alexis