Re:military Historry

Apr 15, 1996 10:15 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:31 AM 4/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Alex,
>I wasn't trying to be shocking.  My previous incarnation, before becoming a
>psionics expert, was as a military historian.  The Vauban fortress is one of
>the most beautiful structures ever designed.  If I had my way, we would have
>one in Wheaton.
>
>And shooting the pederastic Bishop might not have done him any good, but
>think how much better the TS would be.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck:

I didn't know that. In other words you've been recording the activities of
my ancestors(both sides) that's what we folks do.....we do war! The reason
(one of them) my Grandfather did't become a Theosophist was that he was a
Field Marshal. My Dad was a West Point Graduate and served as a Colonel in
the French Army during WWI (reasons apparently secret, but official) and
served as Liason with the Brits during WWII. His brother Bernard was
President of the Naval War College and a 4 star Admiral, my Dad was one of
six brothers all of whom had distinguished military careers, their Father
was a Brig. Gen in the Confederate Army, and His Brother a full General. I
don't think I'd want a house designed by Vauban, though I understand he had
a hand in Vaux le Vicompte which I adore.
What do you think of Bob Holmgrens Idea that we have a "Moderator" on the
list to "contol permissable topics" and call for a vote on "decisions"? I
think it's an abomination.

alexis