Re: TI is not a Container, it's a network

Apr 14, 1996 10:07 PM
by ramadoss

Most of the unmoderated (=censored) lists do have a lot of what some call
"noise" messages. If for any reason one does not like or understand or does
not want to see or read a message the famoust delete key is always there; I
personally use it a lot. It is very very fast in Unix Shell Pine reader.
There is another way to handle messages. Some of the mail programs have a
feature called "filter" which can segregate message based on several
criteria. For example I do not want to see the messages from a certain
individual, then I can use filter so that all incoming messages from the
individual can go straight to trash mailbox.

The last thing one needs on any maillist is a moderator. Apart from the
unpracticality of a moderator (=censor) much of the fun of these message
base will be gone.

It takes time to get used to uncensored maillists. At least it took some
time for me when I started on echos on BBSs before Internet became popular
with general public.

So TRY hang in there. TRY Useing the  delete key as often as  you like. Say
what you want. Soon you will get to like what is going on here.

        .....dosss