misunderstandings/errors

Apr 13, 1997 04:21 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Thoa,

I can think back to when the word "black" first appeared in people's
vocabulary, and it seemed to me then, and now, that the African/Americans
are the ones who used it first. The cry became "black is beautiful". I, like
you, have always wondered why they wanted to call themselves "black", when
they're really all shades of brown.

Liesel